The Association of International Metallizers, Coaters and Laminators (AIMCAL), founded in 1970, is a global nonprofit trade association representing converters of metallized, laminated and coated flexible substrates and their suppliers.
- Web Coating and Handling Conference - Forum for member and non-member company personnel in operations, quality control and engineering to examine technical, production, plant and new technology issues. Held annually in the US and semi-annually in Europe.
- Management Meeting - March forum for executive and marketing management from member companies to review economic forecasts, develop new management techniques and network with fellow members.
- AIMCAL Converting School - Focused technical training by leading consultants in the industry, held year round in the US, Europe and India. www.convertingschool.com.
- CEMA Slitting & Rewinding Fundamentals Seminar - Semi-annual forum focusing on slitting and rewinding operations of paper, film, nonwovens and other continuous flexible materials.
- CEMA Coating & Laminating Fundamentals Seminar - Semi-annual forum covering the fundamentals of web coating from unwind to rewind.
- AIMCAL Jobs - Resource for member companies to place job openings and review submitted resumes.
- AIMCAL Blogs - Technical resources for the web coating industry: Vacuum Web Coating, Web Coating, Web Handling & Converting, Substrate Secrets, Drives for Web Handling, and The Converting Curmudgeon. www.convertingquarterly.com.
- Ask AIMCAL - Service to source products and services within the converting community.
- Webinars - Ongoing schedule of new technical webinars as well as an archive of recorded webinars available to members only.
- Competitions - Annual awards for best Metallized or Vacuum Coated Products, Technology of the Year, and Sustainable Product.
- Converting Quarterly - The official technical magazine of AIMCAL, published quarterly in print and electronic formats. Each issue features expert technical content, including insights from industry consultants.
- AIMCAL SourceBook - Index of member capabilities, products, equipment and services. Executive summaries of management techniques, roll to roll markets and technology innovation.
- Metallizing Technical Reference V/ Metal Adhesion Test Kit - Metallized film test methods, characteristics and capabilities..
- Technical Conference Proceedings - AIMCAL and International Vacuum Web Coating Conference Proceedings.
- Technical Resources - Bookstore, subscription services, software, technical tutorials, and more.
- AIMCAL Network Web Sites - aimcal.org, cema-converting.org, convertingquarterly.com, convertingschool.com.
- Metallized or Vacuum Coated Product - Features outstanding achievement awards for technical and marketing excellence in Food; Non-food; Health Care, Cosmetics and Toiletries; Label Retail; Label Industrial; Decorative or Display; and the Peter Rigney Package or Label of the Year.
- Technology of the Year - The most significant new technology (a product, material, process, equipment or system) having an impact on the converting industry or the consuming market. Category winners and a single Technology of the Year awarded.
- Sustainable Product - Featuring equipment, materials, processes, and/or end user benefits resulting in net savings for energy, fuel, waste, and and/or environmental hazards.