The Association of International Metallizers, Coaters and Laminators (AIMCAL), founded in 1970, is a global nonprofit trade association representing converters of metallized, laminated and coated flexible substrates and their suppliers.
- Web Coating and Handling Conference – The WCHC is a conference for member and non-member company personnel in operations, quality control and engineering to examine technical, production, plant and new technology issues. Partnering with SPE, the conference brings over 400 attendees and 80+ exhibitors together for 4 days of technical papers and networking opportunities. To see a video on the 2016 event, click here. The conference is held annually in the US and semi-annually in Europe.
- AIMCAL TV – This private AIMCAL network is available only to AIMCAL members. Monthly technical programming – including on-line training course, top rated conference papers, leading consultants and industry expert presentations, panel discussions, market overviews and more – all available on demand to members. Opportunity to chat with others in the AIMCAL community for knowledge exchange.
- AIMCAL Converting School - Focused technical training by leading consultants in the industry, held year round in the US, Europe and India. www.convertingschool.com
- AIMCAL Slitting & Rewinding Fundamentals Seminar - Seminar focusing on slitting and rewinding operations of paper, film, nonwovens and other continuous flexible materials.
- AIMCAL Coating & Drying Fundamentals Seminar - Semi-annual forum covering the fundamentals of web coating from unwind to rewind.
- AIMCAL Jobs - Resource for member companies to place job openings and review submitted resumes.
- AIMCAL Blogs - Technical resources for the web coating industry: Vacuum Web Coating, Web Coating, Web Handling & Converting, Substrate Secrets, Drives for Web Handling, and The Converting Curmudgeon. www.convertingquarterly.com.
- Ask AIMCAL - Service to source products and services within the converting community.
- Competitions - Annual awards for best Metallized or Vacuum Coated Products, Technology of the Year, and Sustainable Product.
- Converting Quarterly - The official technical magazine of AIMCAL, published quarterly in print and electronic formats. Each issue features expert technical content, including insights from industry consultants.
- AIMCAL SourceBook - Index of member capabilities, products, equipment and services. Executive summaries of management techniques, roll to roll markets and technology innovation.
- Metallizing Technical Reference V/ Metal Adhesion Test Kit - Metallized film test methods, characteristics and capabilities....
- Technical Conference Proceedings - AIMCAL Conference Proceedings for over 10 years available to members on the AIMCAL Members area.
- Technical Resources - Bookstore, subscription services, software, technical tutorials, and more..
- Coated Product Awards- Features outstanding achievement awards for technical and marketing excellence in Food; Non-food; Health Care, Cosmetics and Toiletries; Label Retail; Label Industrial; Decorative or Display; and the Peter Rigney Package or Label of the Year.
- Technology of the Year - The most significant new technology (a product, material, process, equipment or system) having an impact on the converting industry or the consuming market. Category winners and a single Technology of the Year awarded.
- Sustainable Product - Featuring equipment, materials, processes, and/or end user benefits resulting in net savings for energy, fuel, waste, and and/or environmental hazards.