Call for Papers
AIMCAL 2012 Technical Conferences
USA 2012 | Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
AIMCAL Web Coating Conference | October 21-24
AIMCAL Web Handling Conference | October 24-26
Deadline for submissions for USA was May 18, 2012, but we still welcome backup papers if you want to submit one.
The Premier Events for Web Coating, Handling, and Finishing!
The AIMCAL Web Coating Conference and the AIMCAL Web Handling Conference are industry forums for the global technical community involved in web coating and handling processes. In 2012 the conferences will be collocated in both the US and Europe. (Read the full news release)
Call for Papers Submission Form
NOTE: For consideration as a presenter to the conferences, only your paper title and a brief abstract are required in the Call for Papers Submission Form.
Download the Full Speaker Guidelines in PDF format.
A sample of the topics of interest for the AIMCAL Web Coating and Web Handling conferences are listed below. Papers covering other related subjects will also receive committee review. Presentations must focus on the technology, not individual brands or products. Commercialism in the technical program is not acceptable to attendees and must be limited to the introduction and/or closing only.
Web Coating and Laminating
- Web coating technology related to applications and fluid rheology
- Process measurement including coating weight, defects, viscosity, process modeling
- Laminating processes including alternatives to laminations, process optimization, web variability, modulus, guiding and tracking
- Coating operations: An overview that compares/contrasts various coating techniques, roll coating systems, slot die/curtain coating techniques, extrusion coating, coating thin on metallized films, toll coating
- Substrates and liners technology including new technology and performance, innovations, and applications
- Cost reduction/process optimization for web coating and handling including such techniques as Six Sigma, Downgauging, Lean, etc.
- Adhesives and coatings innovation and new product
- Drying/curing technology including thermal drying and radiation curing. Case studies describing drier upgrades and findings related to moisture cure technologies are especially encouraged.
Vacuum Web Coating
- Process optimization and preventive maintenance in the vacuum web coating processes
- Machine and equipment accessories upgrade cost / benefit
- Advances in substrate technology
- Advances in process control and measurement
- Patterning and edging of vacuum coated films and papers
- New coating processes, tools and equipment
- Advances in barrier performance, process and measurement
Specialty Web Coating
- Novel or developing web coating technologies
- Nano coating technology
- Developing web coating technologies and markets
- Exceptional and innovative web handling techniques
- New or improved equipment, design, or materials
- Process improvements, process modeling, productivity improvements
- Winding, roll formation, tension control, web guiding and process modeling
- Slitting advancements, controls and best practices
- Roll/material handling, packaging, warehousing
- Substrate specific challenges in web handling and winding (film, paper, wovens, etc.)
Roll to Roll Markets
- Overviews and updates of key roll to roll product markets including flexible packaging, labels, flexible displays, flexible semiconductors, superconductors, thin film battery, flexible solar cells, super barriers, anti-counterfeiting films and papers, OLED, holography, and solar control
Presentations for the Conference are selected upon the following criteria:
- Applicability to the advancement of the manufacturing process
- Uniqueness and innovativeness of new technology and its contribution to the industry
- Value to the technical/production community
The audiences for these conferences are technical professional personnel in R&D, manufacturing, and marketing. Presentations should be at a technical level of interest.
For consideration as a presenter to the AIMCAL Web Coating Conference or the AIMCAL Web Handling Conference, please complete the online Call for Papers Form. The committee will review all submissions and notify you of the status of your submission by the end of February 2012 for EUROPE conferences and by the end of June 2012 for US conferences..
If you have any questions, please contact the AIMCAL office.